Hashim Muhammad Amla (born 31-Mar-1983; Durban, Natal Province) is a right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm offbreak bowler, who plays international cricket for South Africa. He made his International debut in Test against India on 28 November 2004 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
Brother - AM Amla
Hashim Amla TimeLine
- 29-May-2017: Hashim Amla became the fastest batsman to complete 7,000 career runs in 150 innings, eclipsing the record previously held Virat Kohli.
- 25-Oct-2015: Hashim Amla became the fastest batsman to complete 6,000 career runs in 123 innings, eclipsing the record previously held Virat Kohli.
- 16-Jan-2015: Hashim Amla became the fastest batsman to complete 5,000 career runs, eclipsing the record previously held by Sir Vivian Richards and Virat Kohli.
- 08-Dec-2013: When Hashim Amla reached 59 in his 100-run knock in the second ODI against India in Durban, he became the fastest batsman to complete 4000 ODI runs.
- 04-Feb-2013: South African Hashim Amla became the first batsman since Ricky Ponting to head both Test and ODI rankings at the same time in the latest ICC charts.
- 28-Aug-2012: Hashim Amla became the fastest player to 3,000 ODI runs during the course of his 150 against England in the first ODI in Southampton.
- 22-Jul-2012: Hashim Amla (311*) became first South Africa hitting a triple century against England during Day 4 of the first Test at the Oval. Previous highest records made by AB de Villiers (278*) against Pakistan at Abu Dhabi.
- Hashim Amla became the quickest batsman to score 2000 runs in ODIs. He reach this landmark with an average of 56.66 in his 40 innings (41 matches) for South Africa.